How to delete documents
Deleting documents using the UI
This is done in the
Delete tab, which is one of the top row tabs.
You need to provide a query that will search for documents to delete. It must be written using the standard OpenSearchServer query language, which is the one used by Lucene (see the Lucene syntax documentation).
- Deleting documents that have a
categoryfield set to
- Deleting all documents except for the ones with a price:
*:* -price:[* TO *]
Before you actually delete anything, click the
Check button for a count of documents matching the query. If the number looks wrong, you'll want to double-check.
Then click the
Delete button to actually delete documents.
Using the Scheduler you can create a
Delete query task. In the
Query field, enter your query as discussed in the previous section. If you want to apply complex filters and search rules on documents to delete, you can use the
Template field. Have it point toward a query template previously created in the
For instance, if you only want to delete documents indexed during the previous two days, you can use the powerful
Relative date filter feature.
For more about filtering, you can consult the How to use filters on query page.
Deleting documents using APIs
Several APIs can be used to delete documents:
- deleting documents that match a given query or search template: Deleting by query
- deleting documents that contain the listed values in a specific field:
- Using URLs: Deleting by field
- Using JSON: Deleting by JSON